Just like that another year has flown by! Here’s a look back at 2018, from some of the top features and enhancements we released to our top content of the year. If you missed some of these, just click on each item to learn more about it.
We’re always working to help you create better estimates and work orders, streamline your scheduling and everything else to help you better serve your team and customers. This year we released 30+ new features and enhancements. Here’s a summary of the top ones:
- Multi-location Inventory Tracking to help you manage your parts across several locations and set “low inventory” alerts—complete the job on the first visit!
- Payment Receipts to help you easily and instantly send payment receipts to all your customers right from our web or mobile app—keep customers happy!
- Estimate and Invoice Enhancements to help you win jobs and collect on them, like being able to easily attach “before” photos, quickly see overdue invoices and apply a “PAID” stamp—improve cash flow!
- Job Improvements to give the best service to your customers, like being able to prioritize your jobs and assign them due dates, quickly navigate to Job types, Job status, custom fields or forms, and generate and schedule recurring jobs up to 6 months in advance—save time to focus on your customers!
This fall, Rochelle Sanchirico, our Chief Operating Officer at the time (now our Chief Executive Officer) joined an elite list of finalists competing to be named Washington D.C.’s Best Tech Manager and took home the award from Tech in Motion.
The Timmy Awards’ Best Tech Manager category recognized leaders who go above and beyond to empower their team to produce a great product through a clear and communication vision, promote career growth, ensure a great team culture and inspire innovation. The award was based on an expert judging panel and community voting, and Rochelle was awarded the trophy live in front of 200 tech enthusiasts, executives and entrepreneurs.
Top Performing Blog Posts
Our aim with mHelpDesk News, our blog and newsroom, is to share trends, tips and insights that can help field service business owners and teams shape their business strategies and improve their services and processes. Here’s a recap of our most popular posts of the year:
- Maximize Your Smartphone’s Battery Life When You’re out in the Field
For field service pros, most of whom spend their whole day out in the field about or run the majority of their business on their mobile device, this is extremely important.
- Field Technician Productivity: Why You’re Losing the Game If You’re Not Measuring It
There’s a direct relationship between technician productivity and the bottom line profitability of your company. If you’re not tracking your technicians’ performance and discovering how productive they are, then you’re missing out on valuable savings opportunities.
- 5 Ways to Inspire & Motivate Your Field Service Technicians
your field service technicians are not motivated to give you their best every day, your business will suffer. Service technicians are the face of your organization, and customers watch them closely while they’re on the job.
- Leads Gone Cold? 6-Step Guide to Re-Engage Old Leads [Infographic]
Is your field service lead database filled with leads that are old and unresponsive? Don’t throw those prospects out! You can re-engage these potential customers.
- 6 Best New Business Ideas for Service Pros in 2018
Looking to start a new business or gain supplemental income this year? Here are six new exciting business opportunities that show a lot of promise for service pros, entrepreneurs and those skilled in working with their hand.
- 7 Things You Need to Know to Become a Successful Smart Home Installer
Getting a smart home renovation is becoming more common. Did you know “71% of homeowners are willing to sacrifice a feature such as a second bathroom in their home for smart home technology” (Loxone)?
- Why You Need a Mobile-Version of Your Website: A Note to Field Service Companies
Is your service company aware of mobile-first indexing? What grade would you give your website today? If you’ve been resisting a website upgrade or haven’t seen it as a priority in the past, you’ll want to reconsider.
- 6 Ways Homeowners Can Fall In Love With Your Service Business [Infographic]
Are homeowners choosing you over other service pros in your area or passing over you? Wherever you fall on the spectrum, there’s always room to do better and nurture and grow your customer relationships further.
- 7 Invoice Tricks to Get Paid Faster
Getting paid on time can sometimes be a challenge. Late payments can be a frustrating and potentially damaging aspect of running a company, and the nature of a field service business can be more conducive to this issue.
- Top 10 Free Online Marketing Tools Any Field Service Business Can Start Using Today
Can’t dedicate a lot of your budget towards marketing? Don’t worry, you’re not out of luck. Did you know there are an array of free online marketing tools at your field service business’ disposal?
And with that, our team would like to wish you a happy and safe new year! We value your business and partnership. We can’t wait to bring you more features, enhancements, tips and advice in 2019!|
Still operating on pen and paper? Your competitors aren’t.
mHelpDesk can turbocharge your slow, repetitive, and manual processes and help you grow and scale your business. Schedule your free demo now!
Last modified: January 2, 2019