As one of the most popular social media platforms, Instagram is an essential marketing tool field service companies should use to take their marketing to the next level. Research from Statista highlights that the platform boasts over 1 billion active users around the world, as of June 2018, with half a million daily active users and 120 million daily active users in the United States. But what’s driving Instagram’s growth is its Stories feature.
The good news is you can integrate best practices into your marketing to boost engagement and capture leads for your field service company. Discover what Instagram Stories is all about and how to best integrate it into your marketing for your field service company:
What Is Instagram Stories?
Instagram’s Stories feature allows you to share a video or photo that your followers have access to for 24 hours before it disappears. You can find this feature within Instagram’s app and present your content in a format similar to a slideshow. Stories is available for both Instagram users and businesses. Stories played an integral role in driving growth for the popular social media platform thanks to its ability to attract new users to the platform.
One of the main reasons your field service company needs to be on Instagram Stories is to get in front of your target audience. Instagram’s algorithm prioritizes its Stories feature, which means the more video content you produce, the more likely your content will rise to the top in front of your target audience. Stories is also video-centric, mobile-friendly and often leads to enhanced engagement.
Additionally, you may have prospective and existing field service customers looking to follow your business. As many as 200 million people view Instagram profiles from businesses daily, and non-followers make up two-thirds of these viewers. Businesses account for one-third of the most viewed Instagram Stories content, too. Thus, there is an opportunity for you to attract new customers. Moreover, Instagram’s Stories feature allows product linking. That means you can provide additional sales opportunities to your clients.
Instagram Stories Best Practices to Use
There are several strategies you can apply to integrate Instagram’s Stories feature into your marketing for your field service company. Some Instagram Stories best practices include:
- Delivering promotional offers. Consider using Instagram Stories to announce exclusive deals you offer for the services you provide. For instance, this can include a discount off of HVAC maintenance, plumbing, or home service.
- Show how your service technicians work. Give your audience a behind-the-scenes look of how your service technicians operate. Ensure you get the permission of all parties you record, and introduce the field service technicians to your audience.
- Share tips. Share useful tips for your audience, such as tips to avoid plumbing problems that can lead to an expensive service call. You can even share tips in a live format to increase engagement and give your audience the opportunity to ask questions. Just give your audience the time and dates to expect a live tutorial or advice.
- Use several hashtags and tag your location. Providing your location by tagging it and using multiple hashtags makes it easy for customers to find you.
- Cross-sell products and advertise services. If you have more than 10,000 followers, you can include clickable links to your Stories and use the opportunity to offer complimentary products customers can buy while using Instagram. You can also post a link to your service landing page and use it as a way to capture leads. Consider using a field service software CRM with built-in lead management features to track your leads effectively.
Whether you want to attract new field service customers or you want to retain the ones you have, you can accomplish it all when you incorporate Instagram Stories in your field service company’s marketing. Just follow the best practices mentioned here, and you’ll help take your marketing to the next level.
Want to have the time for social media?
Save up to 10 hours each month by organizing and automating your business, from scheduling and estimating to invoicing and collecting payment. Schedule a free demo of mHelpDesk today!
Last modified: August 14, 2019