About this update
Today we released bug fixes and performance enhancements to resolve the data syncing issues some of our customers were experiencing on our mobile app. We also pushed out some exciting new features — one of which is the ability to set and collect a deposit on an estimate, which many of you have been asking for. See what’s new below:
- Set a Deposit on an Estimate: You now have the ability to take a deposit on an estimate on our mobile app. When you are in an estimate, you can choose a deposit amount (select a pre-set or customer percentage) when you click the ‘More’ button in the menu.
- Collect a Deposit on an Estimate: Once you set a deposit amount in the Estimate, you will see the option to ‘Collect Deposit’ which will allow you to take payment from your customer either by cash, check or credit card. Note: The credit card option will only work if you are enrolled in mHelpDesk Payments or have synced your Stripe, Paypal or Authorize.Net accounts (these are the payment processors that we integrate with).
- See the same Filters you’ve set even when you login and out of the mobile app: Before today’s release, filters that you applied to your Lead list, Jobs list or Schedule tab would not be retained when you logged out of the mHelpDesk mobile app or had to force close the app. Now filters you’ve set will always persist. The only exception is when the mobile app is uninstalled and then reinstalled.
- See new notifications more easily: We’ve created a new design for new notifications so they are more noticeable. New notifications now have an outline and fill just like you see below with the first notification.
- All mHelpDesk links in email and SMS notifications now open inside the mobile app: If you’ve got the mobile app downloaded, you’ll see that any links you now click on within mHelpDesk emails and SMS notifications will conveniently open in the mobile app and take you to the appropriate screen (i.e. lead, job, appointment).
Make sure you have the latest version of our mobile app to ensure you have access to our newest features, enhancements and fixes.
Reach out to our Customer Happiness Team via phone
+1(888)558-6275 ext. 2 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with any questions or concerns!
Last modified: December 6, 2016